I find myself waiting on You Lord. And I will patiently wait, but it is only possible in your strength and power. It is that I ask you for tonight. You and your strength are what I'm seeking tonight. Your breath, as I seek to find my own. It feels as if I've fallen and the wind has been knocked out of me. Your bearings, for mine are scattered. For I am totally dependent on you, especially for this one Father. It is so easy to realize that there is nothing, absolutely nothing, I can do or control on this one. And, I recognize, however painful, that you are so graciously growing me and decreasing me all at the same time. This recognition is becoming more easily real to me and is so welcomed. So wonderfully in only the way that you can. In that I draw strength, as I know it is from you. Your ways are always amazing to me. And, I think, I may just be one of the biggest fan of your ways Father. Even though they aren't mine, forever am I grateful. Your ways have captured my heart as only you can. Thank you for not leaving me to my own. So lovingly I am reminded of another time of you asked me to trust and wait....... it was a biggy, as well. I remember thinking I'd never make it. Oddly, Lord, this lesson is an extension of before. And, because of your Love and Grace, because of before, hope, strength and faith exist. Whatever that will look like, whatever that means, however long that takes. But, I must confess to you, this is hard and rocks me to the core.
Your timing, Lord, is obvious to me. And that , along with your Kingdom, is heavy on my heart tonight. It is in obedience that I know I must take the next step, even though I am waiting. I must let go and grab your hand. I must continue to put one foot in front of the other...step by step....FORWARD. Even while I am waiting. It is in only in Faith that I will go on, not because I want to, because I feel like I can't sometimes. But because I know it is what you would have me to do. And, that gives me peace. Even as I ask, even before I ask, I realize how you are growing my faith. An answered prayer.
“Stand still” – keep the posture of an upright man, ready for action, expecting further orders, cheerfully and patiently awaiting the directing voice; and it will not be long ere God shall say to you, as distinctly as Moses said it to the people of Israel, “Go forward.”
If the Lord Jehovah makes us wait, let us do so with our whole hearts; for blessed are all they that wait for Him. He is worth waiting for. The waiting itself is beneficial to us: it tries faith, exercises patience, trains submission, and endears the blessing when it comes. The Lord’s people have always been a waiting people- Charles Spurgeon
Help me, to continue to serve you and worship you- for that is my heart's desire. Slowly but surely, step by step forward. Once again, My Lord, I am Patiently Waiting...obediently, boldly, peacefully and confident.
No comments:
Post a Comment